Starring Nicolas Cage as NYC Mayor Bill De Blabbio.
Let me see if I have the script right:
Establishing Shot - fires burn all over the Bronx, Lower and Mid-town Manhattan and in Queens. Terrorists run rampant in the streets. The police don't have the order from the Mayor to stop it.
1. Mayor bankrupts New York City.
Last October, the city said that its long-term liabilities, including bonded debt, pensions, and other retirement benefits for its public sector workers, reached a record $257.3billion, an increase of $4.7billion since fiscal year 2017.
The average liability per New York City household has increased by more than $1,500 to $82,577, according to the Citizens Budget Commission.
Which means, that you would need every household in NYC to pay an extra $82,000 in taxes to pay down the debt of the city.
2. The Mayor locks down city and crashes the economy with unconstitutional house arrest for all its citizens for nearly 3 months.
3. Mayor blames white privilege and racist cops for death of a black man in Minnesota and for the chaos in his city; although the so-called privileged whites are nowhere to be seen.
4. Terrorist groups sieze on this opportunity to loot, burn and destroy large parts of New York City from Queens to Manhattan.
5. Mayor refuses to call in National Guard as looting and destruction take over the entire city.
6. Governor of New York, Cuomo, slams the Mayor:
“What happened in New York City was inexcusable. First, the NYPD and the mayor did not do their job last night. I believe that,” fumed Cuomo in an Albany press briefing.
“The police in New York City were not effective in doing their job last night. Period,” he said, adding, “They have to do a better job.” (New York Post, 6/2/20)
7. Mayor announces he's cutting funding to the NYPD in the midst of total chaos in the city.
8. Residents cheer.
9. Black-masked Terror groups organize into brigades to take over and run the city.
Fade Out: Sunset over Lower Manhattan as the smoke from hundreds of fires rise up into the evening sky.